Burning Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning Shadows

They say darkness is what takes us all...Its the shadows that engulfs us can you burn the shadow with your 'light? or Engulf the darkness? The chose is yours....Show Us Your Legacy..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff
Webmaster
~Psychosis~ Extra and Flaws Rules 21klbeq
Admin
Makina Hoshimura Extra and Flaws Rules 54-7
Trial Admin
none
Mods
Tsukare
Extra and Flaws Rules 56-65
Bee X
Extra and Flaws Rules Crap10
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Clan Limits
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 am by Tsukare

» Available Bijuu
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm by Demethosdocotuzen

» Extra and Flaws Rules
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm by Demethosdocotuzen

» Character Rules
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am by Makina Hoshimura

» Character Template
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:55 pm by Makina Hoshimura

» Poll, Stats
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:51 pm by Guest

» Open Ranks
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 pm by Guest

» Jutsu Rules
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:20 am by Guest

» Summon Template
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 pm by Mortal Man

» Sage Template
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:37 pm by Mortal Man

» Site Rules [Updated]
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:27 pm by Mortal Man

» Organization Template
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:24 pm by Perverted Kayla Kitty

» Custom Curse Seal Template
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:22 pm by Perverted Kayla Kitty

» Custom Puppet Template
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm by Perverted Kayla Kitty

» Custom Weapon Template
Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:19 pm by Perverted Kayla Kitty

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 11 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm
Affiliates
Our Button

Extra and Flaws Rules T8bTl

------------

Extra and Flaws Rules FqFF4

Extra and Flaws Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Makina Hoshimura
Admin
Admin
Makina Hoshimura

Extra and Flaws Rules Empty
PostSubject: Extra and Flaws Rules   Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Extra and Flaws Rules
1 / 3
NOTE: You can only have one Advanced extra gift to your character, without taking appropriate flaws.
Extras

It’s very important that you take the powers of your character into serious consideration. A character with too many powers can be overwhelming and in some cases, hard to keep track of. Here is a good rule of thumb when it comes to extras: choose two major ones and then one minor ones, After that flaws must be taken to counteract the extras.

For instance, let’s take Tsunade. Her extras are Super Strength, Medical Abilities, Continual Transformation Jutsu and a legendary title/reputation. Her super strength and medical abilities are her two major extras, and her transformation jutsu and title are her minors.

Here are a few examples of Advanced extra gifts: (Your character can have one, any more must be matched with a equal flaw)

Ex: If you are in a clan, then Bloodline Ability is automatically your first extra. This given fact you will need a flaw if you want another extra. Same goes to Starting out Jinchuriki and starting out Hybrids.

Bloodline Ability (e.g; byakugan, sharingan, etc.)
Explosive Chakra Pool (e.g; natural inheritance, or motivational enragement)
Strength Charge (e.g; an increase in strength) Stat will raise based on tier
Expanded Endurance (e.g; matching to a higher level of speed not over 50 in stats) Dependant on Tier
Limitless Speed (e.g; matching to a higher level of speed not over 50 in stats) Dependant on Tier
Assassination skills (e.g; zabuzas mist)
Sensory abillities (e.g; abillity to sense opposing ninja)
Specialization in Weaponry (e.g; tenten)
Fast Chakra Reserves (Depends on Rank)
Strategist (e.g; your intellectual inferring within a battle / tactics / strategy)
Expert Swordsmanship
Jinchuruuki

Minor extras

Enhanced Photographic Memory
Does not require sleep or food for a long period of time
Knowledge in psychology (detecting liars)
Ability to process Fermentation
Knowledge of Vital Points
Exceeds the average human breathing time under water.

Flaws

Ah, the aspects that make us fall in love with your character; the qualities of them that remind us of ourselves. It’s very important that your character has flaws, just as important as how powerful they are. If your character has no weakness, no signs of imperfection, then people will be turned off from your character from the start. This can be seen with the comic book character Superman. Kryptonite was brought first into the radio show to help develop the plot and was later added to the comic book to create a weakness in superman – fearing the invulnerable man would lose fans if he had no flaw for the readers to relate to. And since then, Kryptonite has made its way into American’s language as a term for flaws, hardships, or Achille’s heel.

We’ll steal Tsuande again for this explanation. Her flaws are/were fear of blood; she’s insecure in her appearances because of aging (why else would she use a transformation jutsu to cover it up?); she is filled with regret for the death of her brother and her lover; she has a gambling problem; she likes to drink, but can’t handle it; and she has terrible luck.

So a lot more flaws for the Princess than powers. But we know that Tsunade is a great character as we’ve seen in the manga and anime.

Now that you know what all of the abilities mean, how extras can be balanced and the importance of flaws are.

Advanced Flaws
3 / 3

The fear of something; a phobia. -- A lack of something; strength

Cannot cast genjutsu
Chakra pool is low
Slower than the average ninja
Below average strength
Chakra processing is slow
Unable to use ninjutsu
Physical disabillity; broken arm, etc.
Fear of Blood

Minor Flaws -

Bad temper
Sleeping Troubles
Afraid of the Dark
Cannot swim
Easily manipulated
Not very intellectual
Bad Arm (Can't throw kunais, shuriken, and senbon far)
Slow at excelling/processing
Afraid of Genjutsu
Lack of Energy
Late Reflexes
Asthma (Breathing Problems)
Horrible Liar

NOTE: These are not all of the extras and flaws. Be creative and we can decide if its an extra or not. But use common sense having a ninja with high chakra, speed, strength and special jutsu who is afraid of a rare gecko isn't going to work.
Back to top Go down
Bee X

Bee X

PostSubject: Re: Extra and Flaws Rules   Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Updated.
12/4/2012
(UCT - 5:00) Eastern Time - 6:26 PM
Back to top Go down
Demethosdocotuzen

Demethosdocotuzen

PostSubject: Re: Extra and Flaws Rules   Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Updated.
12/4/2012
(UCT - 5:00) Eastern Time - 10:00 PM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra and Flaws Rules   Extra and Flaws Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra and Flaws Rules
Page 1 of 1